Wiring is one of the most important parts of your household, and it’s crucial to make sure you’re not ignoring it. Bad or old wiring can be a potential fire hazard and if not taken care of, you risk endangering everyone in the home. In order to make sure you’re staying up to date, the best way to address these challenges is through electrical wiring installation by trained professionals.
Electrical Installation 101
When it comes to installations, there are several factors that updating electrical systems need to take into account. Electrical wiring installation needs to comply with American standards as well as safety best practice requirements. There are standard state regulations when it comes to safety requirements, and because of this, it’s absolutely crucial that wiring be done by a licensed contractor. Electrical wiring should not be a DIY project as there are fundamental quality checks and safeguards that are necessary for appropriate electrical installation.
Red Flags to Watch For
We’ve all seen what an old or improper electrical installation looks like, and the reality is that the messier it is the more likely there are to be urgent or long-term problems. If you’re uncertain whether your electrical wiring is having issues or not, make sure you’re keeping an eye out for the following warning signs:
- Scorch marks can be an indicator of electrical board issues, even if there is no indication of a fire.
- If you smell burnt plastic or ozone this can also be an indication of wiring issues.
- Strange noises or behaviors in your machinery or technology can also be an indication of faulty wiring.
- Overheating of appliances can be an indication that the appliance is unsafe or that there are power issues.
- If there is water around any of the electrical fittings this can be a serious indication of problems. Any water-damaged areas around outlets should be treated urgently.
- Flickering lights or electronics are normally caused by appliances, however, if this is not the case then it’s an indication of power issues.
Testing for Quality
To be proactive and keep an eye out for any potential issues, it’s always a good idea to have your electrician do regular system audits after your house electrical wiring installation. Conducting an audit provides for quality control, and can also be a good mechanism for planning future upgrades and installations.
If you’re looking for expert professionals to support you with your house electrical wiring installation in Northern Virginia, come check out all of the amazing services we have to offer at RD Matthews Electrical Contracting. Our expert team will provide guaranteed code compliance and fully-warrantied work, and we will work with you to ensure that all of your electrical installation needs are taken care of in a thorough and safe manner. Get in touch with us today for a free phone consultation and let us provide exceptional wiring installation services for your home.