Panel Upgrades from RD Matthews Electrical Contractors
Dealing with old electrical panels can certainly be problematic, especially if your property’s electrical panels are outdated. It can result in tripped circuit breakers and other electrical issues that will cause major concern. That’s why RD Matthews Electrical Contractors offers quality electrical panel upgrades to fix those frequently tripped circuit breakers, replace aged panels, or give you more room to expand your electrical system.
How Your Electrical Panel Works
The electrical panel in your home or property is designed to transmit power from your electrical company into your home through the electrical meter. This power is then distributed throughout the household to various locations via the electrical panel. The breakers in your electrical panel distribute smaller units of electricity to operate your home’s lighting, appliances, outlets and other devices.
Some Leading Reasons For Electrical Panel Upgrades
There are many reasons for electrical panel upgrades; some of them are:
- Electrical Panel is Outdated: Outdated electrical panels can cause many problems if they malfunction. They may need to be inspected to have new parts added, or your panel might need an entire upgrade for the electricity on your property to be dependable again. A master electrician, like the ones from RD Matthews Electrical Contractors, can troubleshoot and determine the best course of action to take.
- Home Additions: If you’ve recently added a new room to your home or want to run electricity to another location inside or outdoors, it will often mean upgrading your electrical panel or installing a second one to ensure electricity is properly distributed.
Signs it’s Time for Electrical Panel Upgrades
There are some warning signs to look out for that will tell you when it’s time to call a professional electrician for an upgrade, such as:
- Issues with your appliances functioning properly
- You have excessive use of extension cords
- Your panel is a push-button style or uses fuses
- Cracking or popping sounds
- Rust or corrosion
- The panel feels warm to the touch
Contact us for a panel upgrade quote!
If you suspect you need repairs or electrical panel upgrades, contact RD Matthews Electrical Contractors online today or call (540) 840-2933.